Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

gopro hero 9 by rode wireless go 2 mic adapter problems (one tx in stereo mode)

[ New ]

I am facing a problem. When I am shooting with GoPro hero 9 by rode wireless go 2 (one tx one tx in stereo mode in "powered mic" option), I am only getting sound from my left headphone. There is a little sound in right. What Can I do? I have tried different TRS cables. but nothing changed. It's a gopro 3.5mm mic adapter problem or something else. Rode wireless go 2 is okay. I have tried it with different devices. Please give me a solution

GoPro

Re: gopro hero 9 by rode wireless go 2 mic adapter problems (one tx in stereo mode)

[ New ]

Hi @daringpike0281

is this only observed when using an external mic?

How are your recordings when the camera is recording on its own?

Are you able to test a different mic?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: gopro hero 9 by rode wireless go 2 mic adapter problems (one tx in stereo mode)

[ New ]

I have the same issue. When recording audio with Rode Wireless Go 2 connected to the Hero 9 and media mod (tried two different cables), the right volume channel is very low. However, it works fine with the Rode wired microphone and the media mod's microphone.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue! When recording audio with Rode Wireless Go 2 connected to the Hero 9 and media mod (tried two different cables), the right volume channel is very low. However, it works fine with the Rode wired microphone and the media mod's microphone.

Nomad

[ New ]
I also have this problem. Previously, I thought it was the fault of my wireless set, but I checked my microphone on my and my daughter's phone and it works fine. This is the fault of the adapter and gopro.
Tourist

[ New ]

Apparently, some people have the same setup and have no issue. Very perplexing!

Tourist

[ New ]

Have you found a solution yet?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. We have not tested with the Rode Wireless Go 2 set so we are unable to determine if it completely works with the current camera firmware and the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter. We have a list of recommended external microphones at External Microphone Recommendations that you may check out. We have shared your feedback with the team and will definitely keep you posted if we have new information to share. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Stream lining process from Rode Wireless GO 2 to Hero 9 via USB-C. Why is this not possible if I understand that USB-C carries both audio and video. Why is technology not being utilized. Is one maker behind in adapting or refusing to adapt? Just my thought about stream lining. Instead of all these adapters which has a tendency to get lost, break or not even work together. Maybe it's just the firmware that needs updated.

Tourist

[ New ]
I think it is. One must use the Rode Sc15 cord