Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

cannot find any remote on the US website, but REMO is mentioned in the manual for my Hero5 Black.

I Cannot find any remote on the US website, but REMO is mentioned in the manual for my new Hero5 Black, directing me to GoPro.com.  Where do I find it?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: cannot find any remote on the US website, but REMO is mentioned in the manual for my Hero5 Black

Yeah, the REMO is missing from the european site as well.

Hopefulle there will be a new version which might also work as a microphone for audio recording.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: cannot find any remote on the US website, but REMO is mentioned in the manual for my Hero5 Black

A scandinavian dealer now lists the REMO as being discontinued.

Highlighted
Nomad

B&H lists it as being unavailable.

Highlighted
Explorer

If you want a remote, you will need to get the Smart Remote. It doesn't look like GoPro is carrying them currently (perhaps a new model is coming out) but you can still find it on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Smart-Remote-Official-Accessory/dp/B00NIYNU8E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=15...
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: cannot find any remote on the US website, but REMO is mentioned in the manual for my Hero5 Bl...

Hello @greensurf6372

We do not have the REMO available anymore on the web store. You can go with the Smart Remote. While is is not an exact match to Remo, it still serves the purpose of controlling the camera from a distance, and provides the following additional features: 

A screen that allows you to see and scroll through the settings of the camera.
Vastly longer range of control compared to Remo (180m distance compared to 10m).
Simultaneous control of multiple cameras

You can check it out here: https://shop.gopro.com/International/accessories-2/smart-remote/ARMTE-002.html

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: cannot find any remote on the US website, but REMO is mentioned in the manual for my Hero5 Bl...

Thanks for that update from GoPro, Marius.  But then why does the documentation that came with my Hero5 Black come with a printed reference to the REMO?

Moreover, the Smart Remote (at least as to what I've read about it) DOES NOT have the capability to control the camera by voice commands.  

My whole purpose in getting this camera is to be able to record events and scenes that I come upon while on a trip on my motorcycle, and I have zero confidence that any voice commands will actually succeed in controlling the Hero5 while I am moving --- over the engine noise and windflow.

What solution does GoPro offer to my problem now?

R/

MJR

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately GoPro has decided to discontinue the Remo without any public notification.

In generall there seems to be a lot of complaints about the unit not working properly from many buyers.

This might be a factor.

For now we can only presume it's gone. Hopefully there will be a new edition soon, but who knows.