Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

can I use the protective case while using the floaty

I am going kyacking and I was going to buy the suction cup mount for the kyack that im barrowing. Can i use the protective housing while using the floaty?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: can I use the protective case while using the floaty

@deftriver711, yes, the Floaty includes Protective Housing Backdoor for HERO8 Black, the Frame Backdoor, and Protective Housing Backdoor for HERO7 and other compatible cameras. You can attach the Floaty to the backdoor of the camera's protective housing.

Highlighted
Tourist

Now can I use both the protective housing and the floaty while using the suction cup mount?
Highlighted
GoPro

You should be able to, @deftriver711. Please note though that the Suction Cup mount is not recommended for surfing, snowboarding, or other high-impact sports. It is recommended for non-impact activities only. More importantly. the Floaty will not support the weight of the Suction Cup mount.

Highlighted
Tourist

Wha would you recommend me doing then. I have the go pro hero 8 black
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

For Kayaking, check out the mounting tips in his video, @deftriver711 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkm7CsgF8EY

The camera is an old model but the mounts described and shown will still work with the HERO8 Black camera.