Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Zoom Lens for Hero9

[ New ]

Has anyone found a zoom lens that would work with the Hero9 without creating a pigeonhole effect? I have the Hero9, and I am streaming sporting events of our kids' teams. I would like to create a closer view of the plays/players since I am set farther back from the action. I have a GoPro metal case with the 52mm threads. With Covid and seeing the people that are now streaming events due to it - usually with iPhones - you would think someone would manufacture additional macro/zoom lenses for the Hero9 beyond the Macro Mod GoPro sells directly.

Hiker

Re: Zoom Lens for Hero9

[ New ]

I've seen some third-party lenses which attach to external cage threads, but due to the physics of optics if you increase the focal length you will also reduce the amount of light reaching the sensor which will make it extremely hard to take video which isn't full of noise and with smeary stabilisation.  The standard GoPro is f/2.5 with an effective focal length of 16mm which is pretty wide-angle.  To get even a mild telephoto effect of 100mm the aperture would diminish to f/16, meaning that you'd need good daylight to expose adequately without bumping the ISO up by an undesirable degree.  

For such usage you're probably much better off using a compact camera with an optical zoom.

Nomad

Re: Zoom Lens for Hero9

[ New ]

Salut,

Pour un tuning pro des action cam, je pense qu'il faut passer par là : https://www.back-bone.ca

Il reste plus qu'à attendre un moment pour que l'on puisse accéder à un update de la 9.

Ca promet d'être intéressant.