Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Will Hero 8 be able to mount to Karma or other Gimble

Will Hero 8 be able to mount to Karma or other Gimble

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Will Hero 8 be able to mount to Karma or other Gimble

Hi @phillsmallsy

HERO8 Black is not compatible with the Karma system.

The camera features HyperSmooth 2.0 which delivers ultra-smooth professional footage by correcting for camera shake. It crops your videos while recording, which lets it buffer the footage to eliminate bumps and jitters. This makes it perfect for biking, skating, skiing, handheld shots, and more.

See HERO8 Black - HyperSmooth 2.0 for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Will Hero 8 be able to mount to Karma or other Gimble

Yes, I understand that, and thank you very much. I appreciate your quick reply. For my sea kayaking / action clips this is great. However my My application was to create cinamatic vidoes which support my business, and vloging. Moving, dipping the camera and having it track with smooth sweeping pan's and making vlogs as I hike was where the Karma type grip would be ideal. I feel Ive made a huge mistake for my requirements, having not completed my research with such depth. This also of course means it wont be compatible with Karma Drone. So I feel stuck creatively.  :-( 

More context. I am a full time fine art photographer using top of the line pro Nikon gear, the gopro was to extend that using drones and other cinematic style footage.  Really dissapointed :-( at myself for mising this detail...