Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Wifi BacPac update/registration issue

Hi,  

Just bought a Wifi BacPac+Remote on sale at my local camera store here i Norway.

It is packed with a note that says it needs to be updated before use. So I followed update instructions on your support pages and installed GoPro Studio from the supplied link. Everything goes smooth, devices show up in the Device Window. BUT, before I am allowed to update the Wifi BacPac, it needs to be registered. When I click the register button i am sent to a GoPro website that no longer exist and get a standard webpage 404 Error. 

(FYI, my GoPro HD Hero2 is successfully updated).

Is there any way you can manually register my Wifi BacPac so I can get on with updating it? Can you manually link the serial number (see attached picture) to my GoPro username? If there is no fast solution to this I will need to return it to the store for refund ASAP.

Thanks in advance for any input! 

Best Regards

Christoffer Steinsvåg 

BacPac register error.png

Anonymous

Re: Wifi BacPac update/registration issue

please help , i have the same problem

Anonymous

Just picked up a WiFi Bac Pac.  I get the same error and it won't take a charge.

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous and @christoffe33170

I'm sorry to see you're running into this problem. We have noted the issue as well. At this present time, there is a workaround that we've seen allow you to update your Wi-Fi BacPac that has worked in some cases. 

First, plug the Wi-Fi BacPac in and wait for GoPro Studio to start and show the device window. Then click the button that says register. This will open the failed registration page. 

After this, close the registration web page and power off the Wi-Fi BacPac. You may see the REGISTER button change to say UPDATE, which you would then be able to select to update the Wi-Fi BacPac. 

This isn't a guaranteed workaround, but we have seen it work in a couple of cases and I hope that it will do the trick for you too. Please let us know how it goes!

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

oh well this did not work for me and i really like to get my wifi backpac working asap. please help.

BacPac register error.png

GoPro

@Anonymous @christoffe33170

We may have a workaround for this:

1. Open the GoPro Studio program. (Do not update if prompted to!)
2. Connect the Wi-Fi BacPac to your computer.
3. Enter the Help menu and select "Device Window"
4. When the screen prompts you to register the Wi-Fi BacPac do not select the button to do this.
5. Instead you will now press power button that is on the Wi-Fi Bac-Pac and the Update button should activate after a few moments.
6. Let the Wi-Fi BacPac update, and then you can change the name and password on the same screen Device window to then pair to the GoPro app.

Let me know if this helps.

Anonymous

Tried the suggestion, it says the firmware on the bac pak is updated but I can't change the name or password, website is broken for registration and I cannnot get the bac pak connected on wi fi.  Does the bac pak need to be registered to work? 

Any other suggestions?

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

To change the name and password you would want to use the Device Window in the older version of GoPro Studio. If you don't have the link to download the older version it is HERE for Windows and HERE for Mac. From there, go into the Device Window under the Help section and you should see an option to change the name and password of the Wi-Fi BacPac.