Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Anonymous

Re: Wifi BacPac update/registration issue

[ New ]

Hi Guys,

Not sure if I'm in the right place to post this, but, I'm experiencing exactly these issues with my recently purchased bacpac in Australia. None of the 'workarounds' have helped I still cannot update the firmware.

Do you have a permanent fix for this problem yet? Or, at the very least an interim solution?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Capture.JPG
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi,

Please help, i have the same problem

=> Workaround presented doesn't work

=> GoPro Hero2 (up to date) + WiFi BacPac + Remote

=> GoProStudioPC-2.5.6.509 - Windows 8.1

I can connect my BacPac WiFi

I can change WiFi name / paswword

BUT I can't upgrade because "Register" doesn't works and no update button appear!

=> Where is GoPro support?

=> Just make the "Register link" works again!

=> https://gopro.com/products/registration?product=1&serial=WIFIB0612xxxxxx

Why will i buy a new GoPro camera if upgrade issues are not corrected?

=> unbelievable : An upgrade exist et no way to apply it!

Gerard

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi Gerard,

I have just been through this exact same thing. Minus the remote.

I have had a response from the GOPRO support which has enabled me to update the firmware of the BACPAC succesfully. They are not 100% clear in the instruction, at least for my case.

Follow this, I have added some points which they have left out in {}

Install "GoProStudioPC-2.5.6.509" which you seem to have already;

1. Open the GoPro Studio program. (Do not update if prompted to!)
  2. Connect the Wi-Fi BacPac to your computer.
  3. Enter the Help menu and select "Device Window"
  4. When the screen prompts you to register the Wi-Fi BacPac, do not select the button to do this.
  5. Instead, you will now press power button on the Wi-Fi Bac-Pac{Press power for few seconds untill the BACPAC power is turned off}  and the Update button should activate after a few moments. {The register button is removed, and the update button takes it's place}
  6. Let the Wi-Fi BacPac update, and then you can change the name and password on the same screen Device window to then pair to the GoPro app.{The BACPAC will power on during, and once complete stay powered on, my settings remained intact, I did not have to change anything further}

This process still does not allow registartion, but at least the firmware can be updated so things work.

Hope this helps,

Steve.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I cant register my wifi bacpac so that also means I cant register my remote. I cant use any of the items I just bought.

HELP

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have tried steps listed and the update still will not run.

Any updates on this or something new I need to try?

Thanks!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Did you get any help for this issue?

All the best 

Sweetbluff

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,  

Just bought a Wifi BacPac+Remote on sale at my local camera store here i Norway.

It is packed with a note that says it needs to be updated before use. So I followed update instructions on your support pages and installed GoPro Studio from the supplied link. Everything goes smooth, devices show up in the Device Window. BUT, before I am allowed to update the Wifi BacPac, it needs to be registered. When I click the register button i am sent to a GoPro website that no longer exist and get a standard webpage 404 Error. 

(FYI, my GoPro HD Hero2 is successfully updated).

Is there any way you can manually register my Wifi BacPac so I can get on with updating it? Can you manually link the serial number (see attached picture) to my GoPro username? If there is no fast solution to this I will need to return it to the store for refund ASAP.

Thanks in advance for any input! 

Best Regards

Christoffer Steinsvåg 

BacPac register error.png

Anonymous

[ New ]

Once I installed the older version GoPro Studio it took a while and after a lot of trial and error I did get it updated.

I had to keep trying different USB ports on my laptop as well powering it off and on and it finally worked when I plugged it into my laptop docking station.

Once I got updated it synced to my phone with no issues and works great!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Mine was returned. I do not have time for that kind of user hostile products ;)