09-23-2018 12:57 AM
09-23-2018 12:46 PM
Yes, the old WI-Fi remote control works well with the new HERO7 Black camera. For pairing instructions, you can check the instructions below:
Part 1 - Get your HERO7 Black camera ready for pairing mode
1. Power off your remote.
2. Power ON the HERO7 Black camera.
3. On the back of LCD screen, swipe down from the top of screen and tap Preferences, then Connections.
4. Tap Connect Device and scroll down to Smart Remote.
5. Tap Smart Remote to enable pairing mode.
6. Now set your camera aside and pick up the remote.
Part 2 - Remote pairing steps
1. With the remote powered OFF, press and hold the red Shutter button on the remote.
2. While continuing to hold the red button, press the white Power button once briefly. The remote will power on and connect with the camera. You will see a confirmation message on the camera screen saying "Connected".
I hope this helps.
09-24-2018 07:05 AM
Today, on chat which is available on gopro support page, someone told me that Hero seven black is compatible only with Smart remote. Could you please check this information one more time?
09-26-2018 09:35 AM
Apologies for the confusion. I have been able to pair the old Wi-Fi remote control with the HERO7 Black camera. It should work following the steps I provided on my previous reply. You can save this link (for the thread) for future reference.
12-05-2018 10:13 AM
Did you try to follow the steps posted above already?
Try to reset the camera connection and make sure that HERO7 is not paired with any device.
Please let us know if that will work.
12-26-2018 08:24 AM