Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Wi-Fi Remote ARMTE-001 Compatibility with Gopro 7

[ New ]
Hello

I went through the forum, and I wonder again.
I have a gopro hero7 black. I would like to know if the remote ARMTE-001 of 2012 is compatible with the hero7?
Is there an update for the remote to do before booting?
Thank you for helping the community

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Wi-Fi Remote ARMTE-001 Compatibility with Gopro 7

[ New ]
The original Wi-Fi remote does work with the HERO7 Black. However, I'm not sure about the firmware. The most recent firmware version is 2.17 which was released on 06/04/12. I'm not sure about when the remote was officially release, but I think it came out at the same time as HERO3 which was released the same year.

I don't recall ever having to update my Remote, but it was some time ago that I got it. To update you would need an older version of GoPro Studio. However, again, I don't think you need to do this. I think it had more to do with making the HERO2 Wi-Fi backpack work with the Remote, so it shouldn't be an issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

Re: Wi-Fi Remote ARMTE-001 Compatibility with Gopro 7

[ New ]
The original Wi-Fi remote does work with the HERO7 Black. However, I'm not sure about the firmware. The most recent firmware version is 2.17 which was released on 06/04/12. I'm not sure about when the remote was officially release, but I think it came out at the same time as HERO3 which was released the same year.

I don't recall ever having to update my Remote, but it was some time ago that I got it. To update you would need an older version of GoPro Studio. However, again, I don't think you need to do this. I think it had more to do with making the HERO2 Wi-Fi backpack work with the Remote, so it shouldn't be an issue.