Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

When did the headstrap mount change?

[ New ]

When did the headstrap mount change from:

GoPro Headstrap 01
To

GoPro_Headstrap_02.jpg

The difference being that the first has a fixed mount and the second one has a slide mount on the headstrap.  

Seeing different pictures at different retailer websites and I am trying to determine if the change was recent enough that I have to worry about getting new old stock with the fixed mount, rather than the slide mount that I would prefer. 

Kind regards,
Sam

Explorer

Re: When did the headstrap mount change?

[ New ]
I think this is very recent, probably within the last few days. You definitely want the new one. GoPro hasn't changed the pictures or description on their online store so I suggest you contact the Support Team via chat before placing an order. Sign up for GoPro Plus so you can get it for half off $9.99. If comes and isn't the one you want, you can return it to GoPro no problem.

GoPro Customer Service https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

If they have a hard time understanding what you are talking about, ask them to allow you to upload pictures to your chat and they can enable the option.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the speedy and helpful reply.  

Very greatly appreciated. 

ATB,
Sam

Nomad

[ New ]

In generall GoPro does not inform us about such hardware changes. They just quietly implements them.

Nomad

[ New ]

Usually there is a new SKU with the last digit changed.

I.e. ACHOM-001 is the old head strap.

Dealers might not differentiate. So check SKU on the package.

Tourist

[ New ]

Well, apparently Amazon uses a picture of the new product but uses the old SKU number.  

On the Go Pro website, no SKU is provided, and no useful picture (of the mount without a camera obscuring the details) is provided.  

Apparently, everyone believes there should be an air of adventure and mystery to online shopping. 

ATB,
Sam