Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Waterproof voice activated remote not charging or switching on.

Hi!,

Purchased a remo on 11th Jan 2018 and it was not charging or getting connected to the lap top. So gave back to the dealer & received a replacement on 17th Jan 2018. Still the replaced remo is not charging or getting connected to laptop. When I plug it in for charging, initially I get two red blinks on the battery indicator but after that nothing works.

Explorer

Re: Waterproof voice activated remote not charging or switching on.

You should utilize a wall charger for the initial charging. Leave it connected overnight. If in the morning it still has not charged, you will either need to get another replacement or just a refund. There seems to have been a bad batch that got sent out as a few others have mentioned this problem as well.
Tourist

Forums like this will always te
Tourist

How I wish this forum allowed editing or deletion of posts. Apologies for the half-typed post!

danielr15, forums will always tend to exaggerate the number of users with problems, but the use of "a few others" is a bit borderline in this case. I got bored after counting 20 different users on this forum all reporting the exact same problem, all in a matter of a "few" weeks and many of them have tried 2,3 or 4 different Remo's without finding a working one.

You will not doubt counter that it's still a low number and I will agree with you.

Regards

Sightseer

I am on to my 2nd Remo now - same result, it won't charge.  Why are GoPro not recalling the bad batch off the shelves and replacing them with devices that work.

Tourist

Count me in also. Mine just arrived today and I have tried charging it with Apple iPad, iPhone charger and my Macbook Pro USB-C charger and nothing happens. I can see a red light for a brief moment and then nothing. What a weak product GoPro has made! They should be ashamed for not having better quality check on their products with such a high price tag....this is not helping with their customer sactifaction!

After doing a search for this problem I realize that this is not just a few Remo's which has this problem but it seems to be a BIG issue for a lot of customers. GoPro needs to address this an a.s.a.p. but I guess they are in deeper trouble and doesn't care about this issue! Had I known this before I bought this product I would probably not have ordered it!

https://www.google.com/search?q=gopro+remo+charge+site:community.gopro.com&client=safari&rls=en&sa=X...

Sightseer

[ Edited ]