Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Unable to order GoPro Hero 9 Dual Battery Charger to Japan

[ New ]

I am unable to place order for GoPro Hero 9 Dual Battery Charger since I saw it available in stock today morning. The reason being cited in the order checkout page is:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to IATA shipping regulations we cannot ship battery products to your destination unless you have a device (camera or drone) in your cart. If you do have a device (camera or drone) in your cart please reduce the total number of batteries to two (2) to proceed."

The dual battery charger was out of stock initially when I had placed order for the camera. Now, when I tried to order it along with some other accessories, it seems impossible to order. The item has also gone out of stock again now. Is there some kind of workaround for this situation? Like getting it delivered to some other address in a different country? Is this rule applicable only for orders from Japan store? Please find attached the snippet from order checkout page for your further reference.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks & regards,

Satya

GoPro_Order_Checkout.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Unable to order GoPro Hero 9 Dual Battery Charger to Japan

[ New ]

Hi @satyadevr

There is a restriction imposed on shipping batteries and chargers alone. These are imposed by shipping carriers and are beyond our control.

You can still purchase such items provided they come with a device that uses them (such as a camera) in the same order.

You may also check with authorized sellers or local retailers for availability. 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

What is incredibly annoying about this is that both the dual charger and batteries were unable to be ordered with the camera when I bought mine (due to stock availibility apparently). 

Now they are in stock but can't be ordered. 

The subscription we are forced to take to get the discount on the Hero9 also gives significant discounts to other products including these, Yet we are unable to order them and regular retailers here in Japan are about twice as expensive as the discounted price!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello

i agree. Had the same issue in Australia.

I ordered the GoPro 9 last week and unable to add batteries at the time.  I waited and .....not able to.

Especially annoying as you force a subscription offering discounts yet I can't even buy batteries .

This sounds very dodgy to me.

Tourist

[ New ]

I see GoPro's response to this is tumbleweeds and the sound of the wind...

Sightseer

Re: Unable to order GoPro Hero 9 Dual Battery Charger to Australia

[ New ]
What’s the go? we sign up for a subscription but are unable to buy batteries due to this notice !! We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to IATA shipping regulations we cannot ship battery products to your destination unless you have a device (camera or drone) in your cart. If you do have a device (camera or drone) in your cart please reduce the total number of batteries to two (2) to proceed."
So much for discounts to subscribers not happy 🤬

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @lamby273

Batteries or dual battery chargers alone cannot be purchased without any camera in the same order.

This is a restriction imposed by IATA and something that we do not have control over.

You may want to check with local retailers regarding availability. 

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi mate
yes i am well aware of that but local suppliers don’t offer a discount via the subscription service that we pay for !!