Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Trying to livestream to a Facebook GROUP

[ New ]

I purchased a new GoPro Hero8 Black to livestream my son's travel baseball grames to a private Facebook Group that I am the admin for.  Based upon everythign I have read on these pages, this is not possible directly through the app.  I will need to use an RTMP URL.  I have gone into the group on Facebook and copied the Server URL and the persistent stream key.  I put those into the GoPro app, and it accepts it and let me go live.  However, the video never populates to the Facebook group page.  Any help someone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.  This was the sole reason I upgraded my GoPro.  Thanks!

GoPro

Re: Trying to livestream to a Facebook GROUP

[ New ]

@katieg19, just to clarify, did you select Go Live on the Facebook Live Producer page (where you get the Server URL and Stream Key)?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]
I am new at this, so bare with me... I did not select Go Live on this page. Is that the step I am missing? So there is no way to set this up ahead of time and go live from my cell phone? I was trying to avoid being my laptop to the ballpark. Thank you for your help!
GoPro

[ New ]

@katieg19, when using RTMP URL, the live video will not be published on Facebook unless you select Go Live on the Facebook Live Producer page. I've tried accessing this page via mobile web browser and it seems that creating stream keys can only be done through a desktop.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am having the same issue. Seems crazy that I would need to bring my laptop to the field to go live? What are we missing here?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @activestok780

See if using a browser on your phone will work.

Access the Facebook page using a browser, change the browser settings to "View desktop site".

I tested it out using Chrome and I was able to access the setup page.

From there you should be able to copy the server URL and the stream key.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

It looks like you can schedule the video in advance so you don't have to bring the desktop. I just tried to test that and it seemed to work. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Cool! @activestok780

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Regards,

Ej