Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Hiker

The screen protector for the GoPro 9 becomes unusable if you use the Display Mod.

As you can see, the rear screen protectors are usually the same size of the screen to protect it well, and when you put the case of the media mod it doesn't close and ends up spoiling it.

Has anyone from GoPro thought of this...? Please take it in mind when you release your own screen protectors in web.

I can't change settings when the Display Mod is enabled cause it's not a touchscreen, my smart remote is completely useless with the last firmware update, and now I found this with the media mod...

What a good job guys.

-_-

2.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: The screen protector for the GoPro 9 becomes unusable if you use the Media Mod.

The screen protector for the GoPro 9 becomes unusable if you use the MEDIA Mod (there's a mistake in the title).

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: The screen protector for the GoPro 9 becomes unusable if you use the Display Mod.

[ Edited ]

Hello @charliemoon. We currently don't have Tempered Glass Lens + Screen Protectors for HERO9 Black. The current one we have available on the website is designed for the HERO8 Black. Since the HERO9 is physically bigger than the HERO8, the screen protector may not fit onto the camera as designed.

Just to check, are you using a third-party screen protector for your HERO9 Black camera?

As for the touchscreen issue, we will have firmware updates coming to improve your video and photo capture experience. For further details, check out this link https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates.

The Smart Remote isn't compatible with the HERO9 Black. We have a remote in the works. However, we do not have an ETA on when it will be available. Updates regarding this will be posted on the website as soon as it is available.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: The screen protector for the GoPro 9 becomes unusable if you use the Display Mod.

Hi @aenriquez , thank you for responding.

As you said, I'm using a third-party screen protector for my HERO9 Black camera, and since it protects the entire rear screen (as I assume your screen protector will also do), when you put the media mod case on the Hero 9 it doesn't close. That's the problem. 

In any case, I haven't seen your hero 9 screen protectors on the web, but keep in mind that if they protect the whole back screen, the media mod will spoil it by not being able to close properly.

As for the touchscreen isue, I was referring to the Display Mod because it isn’t a touchscreen, and it never allows you to adjust settings.

And about making the smart remote incompatible with the hero 9... That is very disappointing. I didn't expect this and it wasn't mentioned anywhere. I sold my GoPro 8 to be able to buy the 9, thinking that the remote control would work with it. I bought the smart remote only a few months ago, and didn't sell it because I thought I could keep using it with my new camera, and now I have an expensive accessory that is completely useless!

Highlighted
GoPro

@charliemoon, we currently do not have any further information regarding the GoPro Tempered Glass Lens + Screen Protectors for HERO9 Black. Updates will be posted on the website once available.