Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

The Remote is constantly losing connection to Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

I was really excited when the new remote was finally available in Europe and ordered one immediately. 

The battery life is amazing, but sadly the remote loses connection to the Hero 9 Black constantly. When I start recording the display on the remote freezes, the record timer stops and I can't control the Hero 9 anymore. I tried to reset the Hero 9 and the remote and re-paired them. I'm still getting the same problem. Further, the GoPro app on my smartphone started to have connection issues now and needed to be re-paired. 

The new Firmware update to v1.52, unfortunately, did nothing to help in this regard. 

The remote is on v.1.2.0.

I have to say, I'm a little bit disappointed.

Is there a fix to this issue?

Regards, Stefan

Nomad

Re: The Remote is constantly losing connection to Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

It is best to give the remote control back and get the money back while it is still possible. They won't fix it like the sound of the winds off

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @greencrest6037

If you haven't yet, please go over the steps on Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

You may also check The Remote: Troubleshooting

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Tried it all, without success. It seems to be better with FW 1.52, but it still loses the connection sometimes.