Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

The Remote (Hero 9) Stopped Working/Won't Turn On

[ New ]

I have been using The Remote with my Go Pro Hero 9 Black seemlessly for a few months now.  All of the sudden I cannot get the remote to power on.  I have tried charging with a few different cables and cannot tell if it is taking a charge or not.  Is there a way to manually reset remote?

GoPro

Re: The Remote (Hero 9) Stopped Working/Won't Turn On

[ New ]

@bigruckuss, please try the following troubleshooting suggestions:

Restart The Remote

• Press and hold the Mode Button and Shutter Button simultaneously for 8 seconds.

Charge The Remote

1. If The Remote isn't turning on, go ahead and give it a charge to see if that solves the problem.
  2. When you connect to power, the red light on the front of The Remote should turn on within five minutes. If this does not happen, try another USB cable. 
  3. If the light does not turn on and the camera does not charge, please contact support so we can help resolve the issue.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I followed the steps you outlined above.  Remote still not powering on and no red light.  The remote itself does feel warm after being pluggind in for a while.

GoPro

[ New ]

@bigruckuss, if the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.