Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

The GoPro Support is an imposition and impertinence; Problems with Smart Remote

[ New ]

Hello,

what I experienced so far with Gopro the high-gloss lifestyle manufacturer, you can read in my blog (but only in German)

https://hobbyfahrer.de/gopro-hero-7-black

I once translated the story into English so that everyone could read it:

The GoPro Smart Remote is very unreliable and often loses the connection to the camera and/or hangs up or doesn't connect to the camera(s).

Meanwhile I also have a Hero5 session which should be controlled by the Smart Remote. I don't know what GoPro was thinking, but this remote control is a big nuisance and just doesn't work. In addition to the problems described above, there is also a faulty display: For example, the FB displays "Record", but the cameras don't record anything. Or if the FB works, only one camera is started and not both.

WLAN is now automatically switched off via the Tasker program on the smartphone in order to switch off a possible source of interference, but without success.

The Smart Remote cannot be used on a motorcycle! According to my research, other users have already made these experiences.

My experiences with the GoPro Service

Due to problems with the Smart Remote I called the hotline. After 12 minutes the call was answered. Unfortunately, the friendly employee didn't seem to be technically qualified at all and couldn't go into the problem any further. I was only offered an exchange. However, it could not be answered whether the new exchange Smart Remote is a newer version or not.

So I had to send my remote control on 03.05.19) in advance to GoPro and now I am without it.

Today is the 20.05.19 and so far there was no reaction or sending of the new remote control.

Since there was still no reaction from GoPro, I called the support again today (30.05.19). This time I don't have to wait and I had a very friendly, good German speaking employee on the phone. The process was checked and after an internal call I was informed that the remote control is currently not available. They have apologized and will now try to send me the replacement device as soon as possible.

Today on 31.05.19 I received an email that it is currently not possible to supply me with a replacement remote control.

Six hours later another email with the information that the new remote control is now on its way to me.

Today on 03.06.19 I received the exchange remote control.

The replacement remote control is used and with oxidized contacts or leaking battery.

Since the exchange remote control works even worse, I answered the support on 24.06.19 to the last email message of GoPro. However, my message came back with the hint that you should contact me by phone or chat. I tried again to use the chat as a PLUS member but it didn't work this time either. The chat has never worked and is never reachable. What a poverty certificate of GoPro.

Another call on 25.06.19 and again wait, wait and wait in the phone loop. After 16 minutes I hung up annoyed.

Another attempt to call the hotline on 28.06.19 and after 11 minutes waiting in the loop hang up again.

Unbelievable what one experiences there as a Plus customer!

Hiker

Betreff: The GoPro Support is an imposition and impertinence; Problems with Smart Remote

[ New ]

Pictures:

20190628_1240514048198933448975964-1024x576.jpg

20190623_114542_resized.jpeg

Hiker

Betreff: The GoPro Support is an imposition and impertinence; Problems with Smart Remote

[ New ]

Sorry for the imperfect English but I used a translation software for this. However, I think the text is still comprehensible and the message comes across pretty clear.

FB (in German "Fernbebienung") means remote control.

GoPro

Re: Betreff: The GoPro Support is an imposition and impertinence; Problems with Smart Remote

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about your experience, @sunnydive5330. Thank you for the details that you provided. We will coordinate with Support regarding this matter. I will keep you posted. Best regards!

Hiker

Re: Betreff: The GoPro Support is an imposition and impertinence; Problems with Smart Remote

[ New ]

Hello,

But how long does a coordination with the support take?

Hiker

[ New ]

Obviously the GoPro tragedy continues here in the forum!

@mariustanyaIf you promise something, you should also stick to it!

GoPro is just embarrassing!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @sunnydive5330

Sorry for the delay.

We have sent you a private message.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello,

i got a new Smart Remote a few days ago and now the process is finished.