Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

The Frame- Billig und gefährlich

[ New ]

Ganze 3 Ausfahrten hat meine neue Gopro 7 und deren Frame ausgehalten, bis die Halterung aus dem Gehäuse gerissen wurde, in einer Art und Weise wie ich es nicht für möglich gehalten hätte. Sie war in einer Lenkkopfhalterung windgeschützt montiert. Klar gibt es auf einem Motorrad Vibrationen was dem Plastik wahrscheinlich nicht gut tut. Aber nach 3 Ausfahrten?

Ich hatte meine Gopro 3 und deren Gehäuse über Jahre in der selben Halterung und da ist nix passiert. Eine 400 Euro ACTION-Cam mit so einem billig verarbeitetenden Frame auszuliefern ist einfach nur mies. Und vorallem gefährlich

20190902_080027.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: The Frame- Billig und gefährlich

[ New ]

Hi @snowyboost1366

Our products are designed to capture the activity you partake in but for safety purposes they are not designed to absorb the force or impacts for safety reasons. 

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @snowyboost1366

Our products are designed to capture the activity you partake in but for safety purposes they are not designed to absorb the force or impacts for safety reasons. 

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Explorer

[ New ]
If something hit the frame (which obviously happened by the damage on the hinge) it should most certainly break away. People mount these to their heads! If the frame snagged something and didn't break away it could cause very serious injury. This is why GoPro makes and sells safety tethers. https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/camera-tethers/ATBKT-005.html (can also be found from other sellers). If your camera is going to mounted in a way that might cause it to receive impact, you should tether it so that it can be safely recovered.
Tourist

[ New ]
Sorry, but nothing hit the Frame. The damage on the hinge was after I lost it.
But really poor try to explain this . Why have the frame to brake away? Why not the mount? Ok, I think both would brake away if something hit them, but tell me, where is to put those tethers if everything brakes away? Is there any device on the cam I don't know?

But even if there were one, new frame after few hours of driving.......a little expensive.

And how I said, the gopro 3 case made this for years. And putting the frame without a mic on your head? Useless! So in every way, not an satisfying excuse for me
Explorer

[ New ]

The tethers loop through the hing bar.  Some mounting accessories dont use the buckles.