Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

THE BATTERY. Buy three = it's safe. Buy one = to dangerous!

[ New ]

- I'd like to buy a cam and 3 batteries - three batteries? OK, no problem. Just order it.

- I'd like to buy just 1 battery - just one battery???!! NO, it's to DANGEROUS!!!!! You can't do this.

I don't know who came up with this restriction, but IMO she/he/it or they needs immediate medical attention.

I'd like to buy some accesories also a charger and battery.... and I can't.

From the Netherlands (where the GoPro warehouse is located) to Poland (where I am live) it's about 7 hours by car.

Do you think they use a plane to transport? No. So why I can't buy any battery or even charger? Cat Sad

I don't understand this.

...or maybe - if you don't know what's going on, it's about money?

Im so so angry! Cat Mad

Hiker

Re: THE BATTERY. Buy three = it's safe. Buy one = to dangerous!

[ New ]
The same for me (and living in The Netherlands). I wanted (as a new GoPro Plus member) to order a battery charger (+ battery) and some other equipment today, but cannot proceed with the checkout, because of the battery restriction(s)! What does this mean? Nobody can by batteries any longer at GoPro.com?
I don’t understand. I can order them (at a higher price) at every single (web)shop that is officially selling GoPro gear!
EEE98856-5F51-4187-BE75-98083B2216D2.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Apologies for the inconvenience, @mariuszkrk and @stephenvdm. Batteries and chargers can still be purchased through GoPro.com provided that they are in the same order as a camera. The regulations require that the batteries/charger be shipped with a device that uses them. These are restrictions imposed on us by shippers and something we do not have control over. 

Hiker

[ New ]
But (of course) I already own/have a camera, and I think this counts for most people here. I don't need a new camera, just an extra battery (+ charger). So, in that case I will buy the battery + charger, add a camera, and send back the camera as soon as it is delivered (free shipping + returns)?! That's the only solution then I guess.., but not what we all want.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello,

@mariustanyaand @stephenvdm thank you for your reply!

Your case is much twisted than mine. Your batteries are almost on the opposite side of the street and you can't get them because of.... air mail restrictions. Amazing...

I made some phone calls to FedEx, DHL, UPS, DPD and all of them have a department or offer air or ground service. You can just pick what kind of transport do you want to use. Ground or air. You don't need to use air mail in Europe.

What about a battery shipping? It's a matter of papers, a contract with delivery company and proper packaging.

So it looks like it is not impossible thing to do.

Anyway a lot of users have a problem today. Each of us know how GoPro cams like to use batteries, and now we are just cutted off from most important things like chargers and batteries.

I'm disappointed becouse of this.

So what to do... Maybe I should buy a half price cheaper no-orginal charger? Cat Frustrated

Tourist

[ New ]

I have exactly the same issue here. I just want to buy a dual charger and a battery but I cannot, even if I add other accessories in the basket. Of course I already have a GoPro...so the only solution is to buy it through Amazon?!

A GoPro Plus membership is becoming almost useless then...

Tourist

[ New ]

Btw this is incorrect, because if I put in the order a GoPro Hero 8 and a GoPro MAX battery + charger, then I can proceed with the order! But the MAX battery does not work on the hero 8....hilarous :)

Hiker

[ New ]
Yes, only if you add an action cam, then you can proceed with ordering spare/extra batteries (+ charger). Hilarious indeed!

Fortunately, yesterday I've found someone on Marktplaats.nl (an advertising site that brings buyers and sellers together in NL) who was selling the battery + dual charger (brand new) for the same price as GoPro does on their website with the PLUS membership, so I'm covered now.