Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Super confusing offers on GoPro website

Super confusing offers on GoPro website:

It says:

HERO8 Black

$299.99

Directly under that is says:

"Get $100 off Hero8 Black or MAX when you trade in any digital camera, in any condition"

I understood this to mean, if you send in your digital camera you'd get an ADDITIONAL $100 off the $299.99.

So, I boxed up my Canon digital camera & sent it in. 3 weeks later my new Hero8 Black w/ NO FREE SD CARD arrived for $299.99 + tax.

Turns out that you can KEEP your digital camera & buy Hero8 Black you get a FREE SD CARD for $299.99 + tax OR you can send in your digital camera, wait a few weeks, get the SAME HERO8 for the EXACT SAME AMOUNT of $299.99 + tax EXCEPT YOU WON'T GET A FREE SD CARD!!!!!! So, YOU GET MORE IF YOU JUST BY THE CAMERA AND NOT SEND IN A DIGITAL CAMERA!

WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE CHOOSE THE OFFER TO SEND IN THEIR DIGITAL CAMERA AND NOT GET A FREE SD CARD? 

And it gets better, NOW with the great Memorial Day sale, not only will you get the FREE SD CARD, you'll also get a FREE BATTERY. Unless you're as stupid as me to choose the trade-up and send in your digital camera.

IMG_6741.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Super confusing offers on GoPro website

@royalbluff4017, the page will be routed to https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/tradeup when you click the "Make a Trade" link. The TradeUp page shows the discounted price of the camera and no other items/accessories are included in the checkout section.

Should you have further questions about your TradeUp order, you may reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yep, did that. Been waiting for a few hours to get my callback. Been waiting for a few weeks to get response to my complaint...
Highlighted
GoPro

@royalbluff4017, is there a Support case number that we can check for reference?

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, it’s 07678783
Highlighted
GoPro

@royalbluff4017, sorry, there must've been some issue with the callback request associated with the Support case number. Please try submitting another request form through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

Highlighted
Tourist

Submitted another call back & guess what!?! STILL no call back...☹️
Highlighted
Tourist

Requested a call back 3 more time & am STILL WAITING...