Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Suction cup

[ New ]
So i bought a gopro suction cup and as a test i put it on the inside of the window at home and left it there for an hour. When i came back both camera and suction cup were on the ground... it fell of... now i was wondering... if i had not tested it and just put in on my car for a roadtrip and it would then fall off. Does gopro replace my camera? Because i am using an official gopro suction cup and an actual gopro as its load.

Btw sorry for bad english cuz its not my native language.
GoPro

Re: Suction cup

[ New ]

Hello @stefalex2003

Sorry to hear about what happened. It is a recommended practice to test the suction cup first prior to usage so you did good on that. As for the case of the camera, it would be best to contact our Support team. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks for your reply! My case is fine because i prepaired for a drop, i had a pillow under the window. But now my question is: if my case would have been damaged or even completely broken, would gopro replace it for me?
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the prompt response, @stefalex2003. Great to know your camera was not damaged. Wise of you to prepare a cushion for it. Based on warranty policy, if it really is a manufacture defect, then a replacement could be issued. You may refer to this video as well to ensure that you are mounting it correctly: https://youtu.be/A5-It8Bjv5U (new model) and https://youtu.be/K3f4qEmoxng (original model). 

Best, 

Marius

Explorer

[ New ]
@stefalex2003
If the window became hot, perhaps from direct sunlight, the suction would be compromised. It's also possible that you didn't have it applied properly. The suction cup and surface must be completely clean. Even a small piece of lint or debris can compromise the suction, as can a film of oil which can happen when touching the suction cup with your hands.

As far as your camera being covered if the suction mount failed, I think you'd have a hard time with that unless you could prove that you had properly applied the mount AND there is a manufacturer's defect. If there is a visible defect, don't use the mount and notify GoPro for an exchange.

Because it will be difficult to prove that you properly applied the mount, it is a good idea to tether the camera and mount. This way, if the suction does give out, you wont lose or damage your camera.
Hiker

[ New ]
I already returned the suction cup to the shop and they gave me a new one no questions asked im now testing it.
So far so good it has been hanging on the window for 4 hours.
Also im sure i mounted it correctly. It was definitely a defect.
Explorer

[ New ]
Cool, glad you got it sorted out. I still recommend tethering your camera just for added security.
Hiker

[ New ]
Is normal cord ok or should i get the gopro cords?