Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Such a shame that Customer care of GoPro is bad in New Zealand plus the GoPro won't ship batteries

So my journey of pain started when I bought GoPro Hero 9 on 17th September 2020. One biggest reason to buy Hero 9 is Express Service which states that I will get my GoPro Hero 9 in 2-3 days, little did I know that is not correct. So I waited for 3 days(working day) and checked my order status on GoPro's website which showed me that shipping is still pending. So I tried to visit GoPro's contact us page(https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs) where I filled in the form and clicked on "Contact Us" button. I was given two option - receive a call back or start a chat. As I wanted to sort out the issue faster, I went for "Receive a call back". It was afternoon, and I was told that waiting time is around 10 minutes which was fine by me. I waited for more than 2-3 hours and didn't receive a call at all. I tried to fill the customer care form again but this time I was told that there is a request already logged in and I need to wait for the call. So I waited till the end of the next day and I did get quite a bit frustrated. I again went to Contact Us page and this time I went for "Chat" instead of call which was as useless as not receiving a call. But anyway I gave up and waited for almost 1 more week to get my Hero 9 which I received around 30th September 2020 and in the meantime I missed my hiking trip where I wanted to take Hero 9 with me.

Anyway, I got my Hero 9 and it was all good.

Initially when I bought Hero 9, I didn't buy HERO9 Black Dual Battery Charger + Spare Battery as it was Out of Stock, so I bought Hero 9 with GoPro Subscription so that I can get discount on dual battery charger plus other accessories that I want to buy when they're available. Today, 7th October 2020 HERO9 Black Dual Battery Charger + Spare Battery become available on New Zealand website and I straight away added those to the cart with a spare battery plus a 3 way. So once I went to the checkout page the following message was shown:
We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to IATA shipping regulations we cannot ship battery products to your destination unless you have a device (camera or drone) in your cart. If you do have a device (camera or drone) in your cart please reduce the total number of batteries to two (2) to proceed.

Again I tried to contact the customer care through Receive a call back(request number 08407021) but didn't receive a call at all, and I was told I will get a call back in 5-10 minutes. Such a Shame GoPro!

Now my issue is if I buy a camera than only I can buy batteries with it but if I buy the batteries alone it goes against some shipping regulations. As you know I have already bought Hero 9 and the batteries were unavailable when I purchased Hero 9, how will I be able to buy batteries now, so I can make a tiny good use of my GoPro Subscription. Wish I was told/suggest that I should buy spare batteries and dual charger with my GoPro Hero 9 to avoid issues with IATA shipping regulation when I bought my GoPro Hero 9, I would have been a very happy person and for sure I would have bought all Hero 9 with all the accessories together. But due to GoPro's fault it didn't happen.

I am honestly very disappointed that I bought a GoPro product. After all the pain I have gone through plus few trips that I missed because I didn't get my Hero 9 on time has caused more anguish in me that I will not buy any more GoPro's action camera in the future and definitely won't recommend it to anyone else.

Order number: MU-00555914 

Shipping: UPS TN# 1Z048WR00475708632.

Thank you for all the trouble, I hope you do put more effort in making your customer service better.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Such a shame that Customer care of GoPro is bad in New Zealand plus the GoPro won't ship batteri

They can't not because they won't, but because they are not able to due to law. They should consider having official retailers which don't price gauge (60 dolars for a spare battery in Japan).

Most simple fix is allow oos items to go on backorder. So you can get the battery even if it's out of stock on time of order
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Such a shame that Customer care of GoPro is bad in New Zealand plus the GoPro won't ship batteri

I do agree that GoPro won't be able to send me batteries due to the law but my question is why they can't inform customers that if you buy a new GoPro camera or drone buy spare batteries with it because later on they won't be able to order batteries alone. I haven't met a single person so far who bought an action camera without spare batteries.

I would love to wait a bit more and get everything all together if GoPro had informed me about IATA regulations when i bought Hero 9. Now I have a GoPro subscription which I will definitely won't use(I have unlimited storage with Google)

Yes it will be awesome if I can backorder batteries when i bought hero 9 but it is too late now.

All I want for other people to know, if you buy Hero 9 with GoPro subscription thinking you'll utilise this subscription purchase batteries when available, please wait and order everything together. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I just found this out myself...