Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Strongest Suction Mount

Any opinions on strongest suction mount for moving vehicle on off-road terrain? In this case, it will be in Kenya and Tanzania on Safari.

Will be mounting Hero7 with the ReFuel auxiliary battery. I have both a GoPro suction mount and a Joby but was wondering if anyone has had experience with anything more robust.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Strongest Suction Mount

By far, the GoPro suction mount is one of the best single suction mounts out there.  However please be aware that temp changes, vibration, sand or dirt on the surface can all cause the suction to break.  

For me, I stopped using suction mounts and went with magnetic mounts.  I currently use a single 40lb magnetic mount on my GoPro Hero 4 (with 24hr refuel backpack) with no issues.  I've stuck it on the roof, hood and side of my car.

I use 2 x 40lb magnetic mounts attached to an exention arm for mounting my GoPro Fusion up high on my car, again, never had a single issue with these.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NF8812S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Strongest Suction Mount

By far, the GoPro suction mount is one of the best single suction mounts out there.  However please be aware that temp changes, vibration, sand or dirt on the surface can all cause the suction to break.  

For me, I stopped using suction mounts and went with magnetic mounts.  I currently use a single 40lb magnetic mount on my GoPro Hero 4 (with 24hr refuel backpack) with no issues.  I've stuck it on the roof, hood and side of my car.

I use 2 x 40lb magnetic mounts attached to an exention arm for mounting my GoPro Fusion up high on my car, again, never had a single issue with these.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NF8812S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1