Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Sports Kit Compact Case

I mistakenly read what type of case you get in the SPORTS KIT. I wanted the sports kit mostly for the chesty and what I thought, was the "casey" case. Can you fit a gopro in the compact case with the chesty, and extra battery packs in there? Do I need to purchase the casey instead? 

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Sports Kit Compact Case

It should fit fine. Currently in my case that came with the Travel Kit (same bag):
Camera (in Frame), Shorty, Dual Battery Charger, Head Strap, Clip (For Hat), Bite Mount, Extra SD card (x2), Lint free micro cloth, USB adapter, USB-C Cable, Long Thumb Screw, Silicone Sleeve, and USB-C Cable.

The case that comes with the accessory bundles is deeper than Casey. It has a zipper pouch on the interior lid and Velcro separators. Casey has less depth but is wider, has an accessory bag, and a hard shell with rubber bottom. The accessory case are more flexible, but this also means they are more forgiving for stuffing more things inside.

If you fold the straps over the Chest Mount correctly you should have more than enough room for extra batteries and depending on the size, a battery pack. I use the UGREEN battery pack often and it fits fine. If you haven't heard of the UGREEN GoPro Battery Pack I strongly suggest checking it out. Not only does it have 10000mAh capacity that can charge a GoPro 5/6/7 battery 6 times, it also has a compartment for storing/charging a spare GoPro battery. https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-10000mAh-Portable-Charging-Compatible/dp/B0771MG2HY

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

It should fit fine. Currently in my case that came with the Travel Kit (same bag):
Camera (in Frame), Shorty, Dual Battery Charger, Head Strap, Clip (For Hat), Bite Mount, Extra SD card (x2), Lint free micro cloth, USB adapter, USB-C Cable, Long Thumb Screw, Silicone Sleeve, and USB-C Cable.

The case that comes with the accessory bundles is deeper than Casey. It has a zipper pouch on the interior lid and Velcro separators. Casey has less depth but is wider, has an accessory bag, and a hard shell with rubber bottom. The accessory case are more flexible, but this also means they are more forgiving for stuffing more things inside.

If you fold the straps over the Chest Mount correctly you should have more than enough room for extra batteries and depending on the size, a battery pack. I use the UGREEN battery pack often and it fits fine. If you haven't heard of the UGREEN GoPro Battery Pack I strongly suggest checking it out. Not only does it have 10000mAh capacity that can charge a GoPro 5/6/7 battery 6 times, it also has a compartment for storing/charging a spare GoPro battery. https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-10000mAh-Portable-Charging-Compatible/dp/B0771MG2HY

Tourist

Thank you for your detailed response!!! I appreciate it!