Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Smart remote

[ New ]
Will the smart remote work with the hero9? I ordered it at the same time hoping it is compatible. It was compatible before the update. Why would you make an update that will remove a useful feature? If you are releasing a new remote. Then i have bought a useless remote that i will never use.
GoPro

Re: Smart remote

[ New ]

Hello, @parapat. The Smart Remote is not compatible with the HERO9 Black. We are developing a new one for the camera. For updates, see https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates .

Sightseer

[ New ]

@mariustanya will the NEW smart control compatible with the elder goproes...

Nomad

[ New ]

Minął już pierwszy tydzień listopada. Czy masz wieści kiedy pilot bedzie w sprzedaży ?

Nomad

[ New ]

Minął drugi tydzień - cisza :-)

Tourist

[ New ]

ja es ist nicht nachvollzihbar was an den simplen befehlen inkompatiebel sein soll. wohl eher ein Lizenzstreit den künftig der Kunde bezahlen soll via neue Remote.  hauptsache es kommt schnell eine Lösung denn das smartphone oder Sprache sind weder beim Tauchen, Fallschirmspringen, Motorradfahren canyoningen oder dergleichen brauchbar.   HALLO GOPRO werdet bitte fertig !!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Is there a tentative date that the NEW Smart Remote will be released?  I am glad I asked for opinions on Facebook before buying a remote that wouldn't work with my Hero9. 

Tourist

[ New ]

メインのタイトルにHERP9非対応と記載なかったので、購入しました。どうしたら使用できるのかを調べていたら、ここにたどり着きました。返品可能ですか?連絡をお待ちしています。

Nomad

[ New ]

Pilot for Europe only in February 2021 :-(

Hiker

[ New ]

I also don't understand why The Remote is coming to Europe so much later.

But great that the new no longer uses Wi-Fi!

Nomad

[ New ]

there is nothing that excites me about the new remote - same beef with a different gravy that won't work with H7 or prior. I'm out

1. was expecting at least a video preview
  2. a clock showing the time rather than having 2 wrist items
  3. backlight
  4. smaller profile not a brick like before - smart watch style

regurgitation not innovation happening here

no wonder insta is winning people over. better product, better software and actually have some level of service with an actual customer phone number and email to contact them

thats my next action cam

hoping to sell my 9 before xmas and say caio

Hiker

[ New ]

Have fun with the Insta360 One R.

I have tested this camera and rarely had such a bad product. You will quickly realize that the Hero 9 is better than you currently think.

Feel free to check out my review. The report is written in German but with an online translation also in English to read.

https://hobbyfahrer.de/insta360-one-r-4k

Tourist

[ New ]

Je vois que la télécommande pour la hero 9 est disponible aux États-Unis. 

Quand sera t elle disponible en France ? 

Merci

Tourist

[ New ]

So I have a Hero 7 and Hero 9 and need to buy a remote for each?  That is very very poor GoPro!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Same here... Gopro should specify on the fixtures what cameras are compatible with stead of a link that takes you to an other site
Hiker

[ New ]

The new -The Remote- is now available in Germany and probably also in Europe. Finally the WLAN age is over!

Nomad

[ New ]

Not interested in throwing more $ into this downward spiral

Not forking out $90AUD for a new remote that won't work on my H7 which has the smart remote which both of which are still sold by gopro today- PLUS the 7 works as required unlike the 9 which pops and crashes unpredicatably and NOW on some resolutions has the line down the middle. A remote won't fix the flaws with this crappy unit

Hiker

[ New ]

....and I'm glad that there is finally a new one because the "old" Smart Remote has never worked on the motorbike with my H7 and not only with me.

Nomad

[ New ]

can count on 1 hand my smart remote/h7 issues over a year vs my h9 camera on its own has more issues in a day.

if you read the post i won't by a remote to only use 2 between the 7 and 9 which are both sold by gopro

Tourist

[ New ]

ça y est , elle est arrivée ce matin.

connection rapide à la gopro 9, par contre le bouton mode de fonctionne apparement pas !

GoPro

[ New ]

@noblegorge35135, when you get a chance, please reach out to GoPro customer support at gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can assist you further.

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok, merci .