Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Smart remote won't connect with gopro4

[ New ]

Just received my new Smart Remote. I have followed all the instructions for paring/connecting it to my Gopro4 Silver but both devices indicate paring has failed. I have also reviewed online videos indicating the same instructions for the paring process however still no luck.  I removed the battery from my camera in case there was an issue with the camers and in order to basically reset the camera. Still no luck. A bit frustrating. I'm thinking the new remote might be faulty as my WiFi function on my camera works when I have connected it to the app. on my phone. 

Sightseer

Re: Smart remote won't connect with gopro4

[ New ]

Further to this, the remote and camera indicated paring had failed. Even so. then the remote funtioned in terms of turnig the video function on the camera. However the remote then appeared to drop out (forgot the camera) as it then stopped funtionin gand wouldn't turn the recording function off. Also, whe trying to turn the remote off it would not turn off. Several attempts where made to turn it off. After a few minutes it turned off after holding the mode button down for about 30 seconds. The remote has trouble connecting to the camera and or is 'forgetting' the camera. 

Explorer

Re: Smart remote won't connect with gopro4

[ New ]
You should reach out to the GoPro Support Team https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs