Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Smart remote unresponsive

[ New ]
I just paired a new smart remote and worked well for about 3 minutes then froze. I restarted it holding the power button, it worked again for a couple of minutes and froze. This happened several more times, a few when pairing as well. Instead of throwing it off my balcony, I’m looking for help here.
GoPro

Re: Smart remote unresponsive

[ New ]

Hey @superoasis38378,

I am sorry to hear you are having some trouble with that remote. Is just the remote freezing? or is the camera also unresponsive?

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

[ New ]
It’s just the remote. Although the camera did freeze once too, but that was an easy fix. There isn’t a pattern that I can see. Thanks for your response. I don’t exactly live close to the store I bought it at, so any thoughts on what I can do would be greatly appreciated.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I just had the same experiance with my smart remote - total freeze-up, had been working fine before. Wouldn't take a charge. I let it drain it's battery overnight and was able to recharge it and now it seems to be working ok.

Sightseer

[ New ]

My remote did the same thing.  It has been working fine but today froze up with the information from the camera screen on the remote screen.  It is still there after I turned the camera off and put it away.  I hooked the charger to the remote, the cama information is still on the screen.  It also will not turn off.

Sightseer

[ New ]

My remote did the same thing.  It has been working fine but today froze up with the information from the camera screen on the remote screen.  It is still there after I turned the camera off and put it away.  I hooked the charger to the remote, the cama information is still on the screen.  It also will not turn off.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rays45

Kindly press and hold the Power/Mode button on the remote for about 8 to 10 seconds. The remote will power off. Leave it for a couple of minutes then try to turn it back on.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I did and it worked fine.  Thanks.