Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Smart Remote does not fully support the MAX

[ New ]

I just purchased the Smart Remote and the description of this product states that it is compatible with the MAX, but there is no access to the setting, only modes onthis camera.  It works fine with my Hero7 Black. How do I get tot he settings on the MAX?

GoPro

Re: Smart Remote does not fully support the MAX

[ New ]

Hi @fattiredguy

MAX is compatible with the Smart Remote.

Make sure to update your camera to the latest version, https://gopro.com/en/us/update/max

You may also check How to Pair Your Camera with Your Smart Remote

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

My camera says it is version 1.50, the latest and there is no way to get to the settings on the MAX.  I can change modes and between video, time lapse, and photo, but cannot change settings like color between GoPro and Flat.I can make these adjustments on my Hero 7 Black, just not on my MAX

GoPro

[ New ]

You're correct. The Settings (wrench) button will only change the MAX camera's mode from 360 to HERO and vice versa. We appreciate the feedback, @fattiredguy. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I don't want to be correct, I want what i was sold.  I want a Smart Remote that is compatible with the MAX as advertised that will be; "Perfect for gear-mounted shots, you can power the camera on/off, adjust settings, start/stop recording and capture photos". I want to adjust settings as advertised.  Will there be an update that will provide what was advertised and what I was sold?

GoPro

[ New ]

@fattiredguy, we don't have any information at this time. Updates will be posted on the website when available.