Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Smart Remote battery usage

[ New ]

Hello,

New to this. I'm finding my Smart Remote seems to run out of battery very quickly. It could be that it's because I had not topped off the battery before using. I'm going to try that. It had been a week or more since last I charged it. When I use it on a bicycle "tour" I need it for a few hours. Is there some strategy I could use like shutting off the Smart Remote once I get the video going?

What should I expect for battery life of a newly and fully charged Smart Remote?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Smart Remote battery usage

[ New ]

Hi @duanem32067

Depending on the use, you should be able to get 2+ hours. Make sure you are using USB wall charger that outputs 5V and 1A if one is available. 

The remote should reach a full charge in 4 hours if using the computer and 2 hours if using the wall charger.

Check out this thread for reference.

Thanks!

Ej 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @duanem32067

Depending on the use, you should be able to get 2+ hours. Make sure you are using USB wall charger that outputs 5V and 1A if one is available. 

The remote should reach a full charge in 4 hours if using the computer and 2 hours if using the wall charger.

Check out this thread for reference.

Thanks!

Ej 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the tips. It may be that I'm not turning it off properly after charging. I don't leave it turned on for more than about 15 minutes normally. Maybe 30 minutes. I have to make sure I turn it off between uses as well.