Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Smart Remote Screen . No backlight

[ Edited ]

The screen on a brand new Smart Remote bought direct from GoPro is virtually unreadable unless you're in VERY bright light.  This is particularily noticeable in any of the settings screens.  Does it have a 'backlight' function that I'm not finding?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Smart Remote Screen . No backlight

Hi @quincyk6675,

Thanks for reaching out. The Smart Remote doesn't have a backlight function. Anyhow, we appreciate the feedback. I'll have this information shared to the team in charge.

I'm attaching a photo of my Smart Remote as an example. If you're not seeing the texts clearly (i.e. broken/dead pixels on the screen), you may reach out to our Support team so they can help you on the next steps.

Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Kind Regards,
Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Smart Remote Screen . No backlight

Hi @quincyk6675,

Thanks for reaching out. The Smart Remote doesn't have a backlight function. Anyhow, we appreciate the feedback. I'll have this information shared to the team in charge.

I'm attaching a photo of my Smart Remote as an example. If you're not seeing the texts clearly (i.e. broken/dead pixels on the screen), you may reach out to our Support team so they can help you on the next steps.

Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Kind Regards,
Ann