Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Smart Remote Not Charging and Poor service from Gopro

I am actually disgusted in the service from Gopro and have now cancelled my orders for a further two Gopro 8's and a Gopro max.

I ordered the smart remote and it didnt charge. I then got hold of Gopro and they agreed to send a replacement charging cable. I did not receive it. I received a Gopro sleeve and lanyard for a hero 7 dispite the packing slip in the box being correct. I dont even own a Hero 7. I then contacted Gopro again and explained to the agent that someone had obviously put the wrong item in my box. He kept arguing and did not understand and kept telling me the replacement was on its way. I then sent him the below picture and I thought he finally understood the problem as he said he would send another cable. That was on the 17th.

To date I have not received anything - no email confirming shipment and no cable, and I am leaving this week Friday for Thailand. Gopro, your agents and staff dont give a **bleep**! 

This smart remote is now useless to me as it can not be charged.

I will not purchase a Gopro product again due to this very poor service and will ensure I mention it to whoever will listen. I am now looking at the DJI OSMO Action to use in place of Gopro and should I be happy with it I will be ordering one and taking it with me to Thailand on Friday instead of the Gopro Hero 8.

IMG_3907.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Smart Remote Not Charging and Poor service from Gopro

@brucet364, this is definitely not the kind of experience we want you to have. I was able to locate your Support case based on the email address associated with your GoPro Support Hub account. I sent you a private message with some details regarding your case. Please check your inbox.

Highlighted
Tourist

All lip service. Im back from the trip for which i had purchased the remote for and still nothing. So far over a month since the initial complaint.

Its a pity I like the Gopro hero 8 so much and got some great footage in Thialand and UAE. If i didnt I would have got another product with better back up service.  

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @brucet364

An update on your case has been made.

Please check your email for information.

If you have further questions or concerns, it will be best to follow up with our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

thank you. I have finally recieved the replacement cable. Just unfortunate it was after I needed it. 

Thank you for your assistance