Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Re: Smart Remote NOT Pairing with Hero 7 Black

Following aenriquez's instructions, I get to step 4 and "Alternatively, you may see the pairing screen (arrows) and the number of connected cameras appear (typically "1")."   I see the 1, but when I press the red shutter button, the remote shows the two arrows with a diagonal line between them and says, "STOPPED".  Interestingly, the shutter button on the remote seems to work as a shutter button, but the remote screen does not mirror the camera.  What now?  How do I get the remote to mirror the camera display?

GoPro

@boldcliff10480, does changing modes using the Mode button works?

Sightseer

The description I read when I got the remote said "Built-in LCD mirrors your camera’s screen for quick confirmation of camera functions and settings".  So, NOW, I know that means the screen on the _front_ of the camera, NOT the screen on the back that shows you what you are shooting.  BIG disappointment.

I'm going to use the GoPro as a rear-facing camera while cycling.  Now it looks like I have to use a smartphone on the handlebars to see what's going on.  Argh.