12-05-2018 11:54 PM
Thanks for the reply , tried this and in conjunction with resetting the connections I also found a link on how to hard reset the smart remote which it seemed to work and now the two are finally working together
2 weeks ago
See if resetting both the camera and the smart remote will work.
Press and hold the Power/Mode button on the remote for about 8 to 10 seconds. The remote will power off and can then be powered back on
On your camera, got to Preferences > Connections, and then tap Reset Connections.
Once done, proceed with the pairing process.
Let us know how it goes.
2 weeks ago
EJ - done that. Both show the spinning pairing attempt, but eventually time out. I've also tried the smart remote re-set (shown on UTube), holding down the mode for 20-sec, then the red circle for an additional 10-sec....unsuccessfully.
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the update, @fastcliff30088. Typically, connection issue with the Smart Remote and camera is resolved by resetting the devices. Just to make sure, can you please go through these steps accordingly one more time?
- Turn off the Smart Remote and HERO7 Black.
- Reset the Smart Remote by pressing and holding the Power/Mode button on the remote for about 8 to 10 seconds. Leave the remote powered OFF for the meantime.
- Reset the Wi-Fi connections on your camera. Go to Preferences > Connections, and then tap Reset Connections.
- Pair the two devices:
- Power off your remote. Power ON the HERO7 Black camera. On the back of LCD screen, swipe down from the top of screen and tap Preferences. Tap Connections Tap Connect Device and scroll down to Smart Remote. Tap Smart Remote to enable pairing mode. Now set your camera aside and pick up the remote.
- With the remote powered OFF, press and hold the red Shutter button on the remote. While continuing to hold the red button, press the white Power button once briefly. The remote will power on and show two arrows moving towards each other. You can let go of the red button at this time. Now the remote is in pairing mode.
At this point, the camera and remote should both show arrows moving towards each other. After one minute or less, the camera and remote should pair. **NOTE: The remote may ask you to pair another, press the Mode button to highlight "No", then press the red button to select it. Alternatively, you may see the pairing screen (arrows) and the number of connected cameras appear (typically "1"). Press the red shutter button on the Remote to complete the paring process.
The remote should now mirror the camera's front LCD screen, indicating that pairing was successful.
If you still continue to experience difficult time connecting your camera with the Smart Remote, please let our Support team know so they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat.
Hopefully this helps!