Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Should the leds on my hero 8 black be lit when charging through the media mod, as they are normally?

[ New ]

Should the leds on my hero 8 black be lit when charging through the media mod, as they are normally? If so mine seems to have a problem. Its 1 day old

GoPro

Re: Should the leds on my hero 8 black be lit when charging through the media mod, as they are no...

[ New ]

Hi @fireystorm75314

Yes. It should have a red LED light indicating that it is charging.

While plugged in, check if the camera shows charging status.

If not, try using a different cable.

Make sure that the cable is plugged in completely on the Media Mod port.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Re: Should the leds on my hero 8 black be lit when charging through the media mod, as they are no...

[ New ]

The cabe I tried works on the camera alone but still no charge leds through the mod, so I think its faulty

GoPro

[ New ]

@fireystorm75314, please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Its ok here now, I took the mod back to the place of purchase and exchanged it for a new one. The new one works perfectly. Cheers for the info