Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Shorty way to tight to camera.

[ Edited ]

Hello, hope you are having a great day!

Purchased the Holiday package with Hero 8, Shorty, etc.  The shorty handle forks or whatever they are called are way too tight.  I can barely get the Hero 8 on it.  Then it is so tight I think something might break.  I have tested my Hero 7 and other accessories and it is the Shorty that is bad.  

Can I please have a replacement?

Order # NA02068582

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Shorty way to tight to camera.

Hello Everyone. Thank you for your feedback. Our team is aware of the issue. It would be best to continue working with Support regarding this matter. You can use the same case number for easy reference. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Those fingers are designed to be tight, but if they're not fitting in, our team can help. Please reach out to our team directly at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and we'll see what we can do. Thanks.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jeff,

I have the exact same condition.  It's very tight (as in TOO tight)  compared to the other accessories.  

You mentionned that it is by design.  What is the intent ?  It's very hard to fit it in, same to change the angle. 
  Makes me wonder if it's a bad design or a bad molding 
  Sticker above the UPC code says 170819a - is this the batch number ?   

Thanks

Luc

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

It's designed to be tight so that the GoPro doesn't pivot once it's in the mount. 

Highlighted
Tourist

No, not this tight, no other mount is even close to this tight. Yours may be correct mine is not. I called support they do not want to replace. They must have got a bad batch.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Jeff for your quick reply

Since others GoPro mounts are not as tight as this one, does it imply that others mounts aren't designed to prevent the camera from pivoting during usage ?  I'm pretty sure they are designed designed to prevent the camera from pivoting during usage.  Wouldn't make sense otherwise.  and the fit is decent/loose, until you tighten the set screw.  

I mean, even with the set screw not tighted, it's hard to turn.  As soon as the plastic will age a bit, something will break for sure.

and until then it will not be pleaseant to use.  
If you have a chance, grab one and check it.  You'll see what I mean (assuming the fresh batches are as tight - mine is date code 170819A).    

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm having the same exact issue too.  Shorty will not fit into the fingers of the Hero8 mount.  Both are brand new and shipped together.  I'm contacting GoPro support now.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem here. Bought the Shorty and GoPro 8 together in a bundle. 

I already contacted customer support and they send me a new Shorty and new mounting fingers for the GoPro. But I'm having the exact same issues with the new equipment. The GoPro fits perfectly on all my other mounts.

I will dispose of the Shorty(s) and look for an alternative.