Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Shorty doesn't fit Hero 8 Black

So I got a Go Pro Hero 8 Black and also the Shorty tripod. Problem is that the tripod doesn't fit into the Go Pro!!! I have tried forcing it but it really shouldn't be this hard surely!!! 

Anyone else had this problem? Should I take it back to the store and ask to try another one? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Shorty doesn't fit Hero 8 Black

@fireyrange61725 - The fingers on the HERO8 Black can be a tight fit into the Shorty, but they should fit. Are you able to fit the individual fingers in (meaning not trying to fit them both in at the same time) just to see if there's one side that it tighter than the other?

If it won't fit, it's likely that the fingers on the HERO8 Black are just a little thicker than with other models, but they should still be able to go in. If you can't get them to work, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@fireyrange61725 - The fingers on the HERO8 Black can be a tight fit into the Shorty, but they should fit. Are you able to fit the individual fingers in (meaning not trying to fit them both in at the same time) just to see if there's one side that it tighter than the other?

If it won't fit, it's likely that the fingers on the HERO8 Black are just a little thicker than with other models, but they should still be able to go in. If you can't get them to work, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can help.

Highlighted
Tourist

@jefft Thank you for your response and assistance. After much trial and error I have managed to get it attached! Certainly a little tough but at least it wasn't a waste of money!! 

Thank you again :)