Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Salt water damage for Hero 7 black

Hello! three days ago,It was my first time to use my Go pro hero 7 black in underwater. and I just go down to the boat and right after the camera was soaked in the water, the screen shows that the memory card was in need to reformat. and then I climb up to the boat again and click OK to reformat. after that the camera never turns on. I fully dried up first the camera with skeleton case and I opened it. I pull out the battery and memory card aswell. And I noticed a little water in battery port. I didn't use it at all until we finished the activity. And when I got home I put it on the bowl of rice so the excess water will be absorbed (as I followed on the youtube "the first aid if water damage occurs") I burried there my camera in 3 days now. Can someone suggest what would I do next regarding to this case?

GoPro

Re: Salt water damage for Hero 7 black

Hello @fireyrange30633. The next step would be to engage our Support team. This way, they will be able to assist you with the process. You may reach the team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .