Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Rusty screws on Gopro Hero 8

[ New ]

I have only used the camera a few times in the water and the fastening screws are already full of rust.
Not normal for submersible accessories.
Solutions ?IMG_6276.jpgIMG_6276.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Rusty screws on Gopro Hero 8

[ New ]

Hello, @deocamdata. Has the screw been used in seawater? After use in saltwater, it is always best to rinse any accessory with fresh water and dry with a soft cloth. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

Glad you posted this.  I just purchased my Hero 8 before going to Yosemite Falls over the weekend and had it submerged in the water.  I read your post and just removed the screw holding the camera in place.  Fortunately mine has no rust and looks perfect.  You may need to clean those screws really well and oil them to prevent that from happening again.  Are the screws shown in your pic screws from GoPro or from a kit made by another company?  I am thinking of ordering an accessory kit and want to make sure I get a good quality kit.  Thanks for posting!  Happy filming to you!

Balinina🦋

Tourist

[ New ]
All my accessories are from Gopro.
This is the reason that I was wondering regarding the reason why this rust appear.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @deocamdata. Has the screw been used in seawater? After use in saltwater, it is always best to rinse any accessory with fresh water and dry with a soft cloth. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes.
Was salt water.
I didn't know there is necessary to cleane it after.