Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

RodeLink with external microphone adapter

[ New ]
Hi

I try to connect a RodeLink (wireless mic) to the external mic adapter of my Hero 6. As the output of the RX device of the RodeLink is TRS i think it should work. But all settings (Std Mic, Pwrd Mic, Line In etc.) don‘t work. I also have the TRS to TRRS adapter and could verify that the RodeLink does work with my smartphone.

Do I miss a setting or somethin?

Thank you for any help on this.

Kind regards, Stefan

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: RodeLink with external microphone adapter

[ New ]

My RØDE VideoMicro basically worked right out of the box with the mic adaptor so it might very well be that you have a malfunctioning adaptor.

The mic adapter needs a TRS plug (which I guess you know).

I think that you need to make a warranty claim on the mic adapter at the retailer and get a new one.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

Have you tried the mic adaptor with any other mic on the input?

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for your reply. I tried to connect the lavelier that comes with the RodeLink which has an TRS connector. No luck. I also tried another lavelier from Rode with an TRRS link. No luck too. Maybe the adapter has a malfuntion...
Nomad

[ New ]

My RØDE VideoMicro basically worked right out of the box with the mic adaptor so it might very well be that you have a malfunctioning adaptor.

The mic adapter needs a TRS plug (which I guess you know).

I think that you need to make a warranty claim on the mic adapter at the retailer and get a new one.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for your reply. I will do so. Do you maybe remember which setting you used: Std. Mic, Std. Mic+, Pwd. Mic, Pwd. Mic+ or Line in?

Thank you and kind regards, Stefan

Nomad

[ New ]

Today I set up a new Hero7 straight from the box.

I just plugged the audio adaptor into the Hero7 and got sound with my Røde VideoMicro.

The settings in the mic input selection is "STANDARD MIC".

Espen

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi everyone and thank you for your replies. I‘m going to check with an TRRS to TRS adapter to be fully sure and if it‘s not working I will claim the warranty. I will write Back if something special will be discovered that could be of interest for the community.

Kind regards, Stefan
GoPro

[ New ]

Thnks @hardystoke18574,

We'll wait for it.