Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Remote

Is it just me ? I’m on the second remote ,after a few uses it stop charging,why ? What am I doing wrong ? 😩😳

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Remote

Hi @grandcreek03320

Please make sure that the wall charger is 5V 1A or less.  Anything else does have the possibility of damaging the remote. 

If using a computer,  use a USB port on the back to charge the remote.

The remote should reach a full charge in 4 hours if using the computer and 2 hours if using the wall charger.  

Note: if the contact points on the remote are dirty, it can disrupt the connection and inhibit the remote's ability to charge.  Be sure that those contact points are free of dirt and debris.  Use a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol or a toothpick to clean the metal contacts on the bottom of the remote as a troubleshooting step.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Remote

Hi @grandcreek03320

Please make sure that the wall charger is 5V 1A or less.  Anything else does have the possibility of damaging the remote. 

If using a computer,  use a USB port on the back to charge the remote.

The remote should reach a full charge in 4 hours if using the computer and 2 hours if using the wall charger.  

Note: if the contact points on the remote are dirty, it can disrupt the connection and inhibit the remote's ability to charge.  Be sure that those contact points are free of dirt and debris.  Use a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol or a toothpick to clean the metal contacts on the bottom of the remote as a troubleshooting step.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ej