Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Remo Remote will not charge or power on

I have a Remo remote control that I have not used in about 4-5 months. 

When I went to charge and use it, the charging light does not come on, and I get no response if I press any of the buttons. 

I have tried leaving it on the charger for a long time, long-pressing both buttons separately, and together, but there is no reaction. 

Any suggesitons? 

Thanks, 

John

GoPro

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

Hi @jrbean67,

If you are still experiencing some issues with that Remo our support team should be able to help out! I would also make sure you are using a wall outlet and a charging source like an iPad charger to make sure you are getting the correct charge to the Remo. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

Explorer

As @ryanv12566 suggested, you should charge on a wall outlet with a cell phone charging unit. If possible, you should also try a different cable.
Tourist

I am having a simular problem I just bought a Remo Voice activated remote today. When I plug it into the charger the red charging light flashes and goes out.  I have had it on a GoPro Supercharger for several hours plugged into a wall outlet using the cable that came with it and the green light has yet to come on.  I had the same problem with my Hero5 Session not charging.

Sightseer

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue.  I'm having the exact same problem.  When I plug it in, it flashes red once and then nothing.  I've changed chargers and cables, and I've let it go overnight.  It will not power up.  It has only been used once.  This is unacceptable.

Sightseer

Brand new Remo out of the box and facing the same issues as the rest of the users here.

Tried following the manual to try and update it first but if nothing works when you press either the power button or the shutter button or even try resetting the Remo, then what's the point of the manual telling me how to connect it to the computer.

So very disappointed.

Sightseer

I have the same issue. The remo doesn't charge. Incredible
Sightseer

Have contacted GoPro about it, they don’t seem surprised and have arranged for it to be returned for a new one.