Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

Right, me here again. I realised I forgot to mention that we bought ours from Amazon GoPro seller. As I was writing my previous message we requested a replacement which came .... 4 mins ago. So far good sign, it didn’t turn on when I took it out From he box but at least it’s charging. Red led is constantly on indicating it’s charging (I hope, I don’t trust this thing).
Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same issue with my remo bought through Amazon.fr promotion : Hero 6 black + remo free + battery free.

I received the replacement one today and same thing as the first one : not powering on, quick red led and then nothing.

So my best guess is to stop replacing it and get a refund ? This product is completly useless ... what happens if the remo is not charged over the time ? ... same thing I'm guessing.

So disappointed Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Tourist

Another Argos customer here, I have been to four different Argos stores and had four different Remo's so just to be sure I also bought one from Currys PC World which was also faulty and returned if for a replacement which again was no good.

Argos have now said that they will no longer be offering any further exchanges and have advised me to contact Gopro direct so that will be the task next week to see what they intend to do about the sixth one I have in my possession.

Highlighted
Tourist

It will be interesting to see if the support staff are still oblivious to the issue, or at least giving that impression.

What's equally concerning is the number of forum members reporting the same issue with their remos when they have been unused for a few months. Even assuming we eventually get a working one, how long is it going to stay working!
Highlighted
Tourist

I have in Belgium exactly the same issue: bought a remo, only think it did when charging is blink once red and that's all it does. I informed the store where i bought it from, they were so kind to send me another one. Tried it again, exactly the same again. So now i have 2 remo's that are not working. I think this is unacceptable for a company like gopro. Receiving a defect item can happen, but twice in a row?

I'm really afraid that if I should receive another one, the same issue will just appear all over again.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Right I managed to speak with GoPro today, queue was only five minutes which all things considered that was very good and they acknowledged that there is an issue with the Remo remotes.

Apparently there has been a bad batch shipped so they are currently in the process of having them recalled but since there hasn't been any statement as far as I know one can only assume that they are waiting for people to buy them and then report that they are having issues with their Remo so they can obtain the old units and send good ones back out.

They have asked me for a photo of the reciept, the serial number preferbly of the unit itself and the serial in written form on the support email and they will be sending me the relevent returns process with an average lead time of 15 days.

Will let you guys know how the next step goes.

Highlighted
Tourist

I purchased a Voice Activated Remo at Best Buy in the Dallas area today with the same issue; No lights, and no response to powering on. Did alittle research finding the various postings here, and thank you all for commenting on this issue.

I immediately called support expecting someone to say, "yes, this is a known issue" but he had no clue, even after directing him to his support site to atleast acknolwedge the numerous complaints here.

I ended up going to another Best Buy, and trying 2 more Remos in store... They "ALL" had the same issue.  3 returns later...  I left disappointed with the only option to refund and walk away from the purchase. Big disappointment a day before heading up to Colorado on another ski trip. Guess I'll have to keep fiddling with the camera controls with my gloves off. Bummer!!

GoPro: Please escalate this issue!

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried mine when I bought it an year ago, and did not use it at all since, and now I wanted to use it and same problem, no power and does not charge. Is that covered under waranty?