Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

Same here. I was so please to get it free from Argos, it's a brilliant accessory for skiing. I'm, on my second, there are now no more available at any local Argos store, so I'm reliant on GoPro to help, theyve advised plugigng it in for 2 hours, which I doubt will work, but I'm happy to give it a go.

The impact of this on GoPro is that people like us will look to 3rd parties for accessories because why would we pay a premium for something that might not work?

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm just in the process of returning mine. I'm hoping I'm more successful getting one that works direct from GoPro.

Customer Support seem oblivious to the problem so I sent them a few links to the active threads on their own community forum.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm currently looking to return mine, would appear Argos uk have none in stock to exchange. Guessing contacting support is the only option.
Certainly interested to hear if you get a working one, if any exist 😂
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, I have the same problem, bought Remo for Christmas present and surprise surprise it doesn't work. Same problems already described, doesn't charge and doesn't work. Brand new original Gopro Remo bought on a local store.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yet another Argos customer. Bought on December 21st, Remo didn't charge. Returned yesterday, replacement doesn't charge. Contacted Argos chat support who told me they'd happily replace or refund. But it was a free offer I said, OK ,so you'd have to return it without getting a refund they said. Suggested I contact GoPro support, which I've just done on the +44 330 808 1875 number - got through almost immediately to a friendly chap in Portugal who told me that the Remo is usually very reliable, but that he couldn't replace it as there were supply issues and none in stock for the forseeable future. Suggested keep trying Argos for a working replacement. So, off to the only branch in my area which still has one in stock.

Highlighted
Tourist

Given the evidence about the reliability of the Argos stock I'd rather wait and get a new one in the hope the issues have been worked out.

"supply issues". I wonder if that could be to do with the fact that a number of customers are getting through 2-5 in the first week.
Highlighted
Tourist

Ours arrived today, and has the same issue, as all of the above complaints. With us going on holiday in 3  days, i am extremely disapointed with the faulty product GoPro has sold me.

Highlighted
Tourist

I’ve read of a few people who had replacements from GoPro that didn’t work. This must be the last of their stock now that the new remote is on the market.
You can buy 3rd party manufactured remotes from amazon for £30, it’s too late for me, but might be worth a go for your holiday.