Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

In my case, i tried both wall charger and computer with the same result.

So i guess i will try to exchange the unit at the store.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the exact same issue. Brand new remo. Will not charge or turn on. I plug it in and the red light turns on for less than a second then turns off. Very disappointed in Gopro quality
Highlighted
Sightseer

same thing!
good luck - keep the receipt - just spent an hour on the phone with gopro and they would not replace without receipt. its less than 1 year old. horrible customer service
Highlighted
Tourist

I having the same problem! Change twice but still same problem.
Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Exact same issue here, brand new out the box, no charge, wont accect charge, completly DOA.

Very disappointed. Now going on holiday without the remote!

Highlighted
Tourist

Argos in the UK are including the Remo free with the GoPro. I'm currently waiting for a 3rd one after the first two were faulty out of the box. They won't charge, the red light blinks briefly when connected to a charger. I've tried leaving them on charge overnight.

I'm willing to bet this is the Lithium protection circuitry that prevents charging when the battery drops below the safe charging voltage. It's possible the remotes are switching on in the box during shipping and although they will switch off before they are completely flat, the passage of time and residual discharge may just take them below the cutoff by the time they reach the customer, rendering them useless.

The cynic in me thinks it's no coincidence that they are free as part of the promotion. It speeds up the process of finding all the faulty ones without GoPro recalling them all for testing. This way customers and sellers like Argos pick up the hassle, and GoPro only get the bad ones back.

It's a pretty poor show.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

If you are having issues getting the Remo to take a charge, please let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs know about that. They can work with you to try and get this resolved.

Thanks,
Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

umpteenth trip to Argos today to collect what is now the 3rd Remo and surprise, surprise it doesnt charge.

I'm done trying to find a good one amongst the Argos stock so I'll resort to GoPro support now. I have to say it has completely soured my feelings towards GoPro.

Someone might want to look up "Quality Control"