Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

The Smart Remote doesn't have Voice which I really wanted. 

Highlighted
Nomad

Shame on GoPro 

the smart art remote is inferior

Highlighted
Explorer

It's unfortunate that the company that sold the REMO batteries to GoPro gave them some obvious duds, and it's certainly frustrating to receive a product that doesn't work.  However, when comparing the features and capabilities of the Smart Remote to that of the REMO, REMO is clearly the inferior product.

• Connect to up to 50 cameras simultaneously: Smart Remote - YES   REMO - NO
  • Range up to  600ft (180m) away: Smart Remote - YES   REMO - NO ( Remo has a range of 33ft / 10m )
  • Waterproof to 33ft (10m): Smart Remote - YES   REMO - NO (REMO is waterproof to 16ft / 5m)
  • Change camera settings remotely - Smart Remote - YES    REMO - NO
  • Connect to all Wi-Fi enabled GoPro cameras with RC function: Smart Remote - YES   REMO - NO (limited to Hero5/6)
  • Turn camera on/off: Smart Remote - YES    REMO -  YES
  • Wearable/Mountable: Smart Remote - YES   REMO YES
  • Voice CommandsSmart Remote - NO    REMO - YES

While enhancing voice controls beyond what is capable without a remote is nice, and certainly beneficial in certain situations (sometimes the only solution), overall, the REMO is clearly inferior to the REMO.

Highlighted
Nomad

Hower almost everyone here bought the remo for the voice commands and its dimunitive size.

Which the smart remote DOES NOT do.

Highlighted
Explorer

Understood, which I noted in my reply. I just wanted to clarify the actual capability differences. For Voice commands, clearly the REMO is superior as the Smart Remote doesn't have this function. In all other categories; however, the Smart Remote is clearly the superior remote.
Highlighted
Explorer

LOL, just noticed at the end I wrote, "the REMO is clearly inferior to the REMO".

Obviously I meant, The REMO is clearly inferior to the SMART REMOTE.
Highlighted
Nomad

The other thing the smart remote uses poor quality stainless steel.

Used it once in sea for 2 hours and it started to rust.

Returned it.

GP need to sell the remo with descent batteries.

Highlighted
Explorer

Also, to be noted. GoPro did not produce the battery that goes into the REMO. They purchased the battery from another company which obviously sold a crappy battery to GoPro. Since there initially wasn't any issues with REMO you can't really blame QC on GoPro as the REMO worked as advertised. Over time; however, these batteries have proven to be unreliable and eventually lose all power. Hopefully GoPro can recoup the loss from the battery company.

Not all REMO seem to be victim to these batteries either. My neighbor has one that he purchased when they first came out. I had forgotten that he had one, but just last week we were surfing and I noticed that he was using his. I asked him if he had any issues and he said no. He also told me that he uses it often for surfing and bike rides.