Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

Exactly the same problem!! Bought it long time ago and not even used two times!

After not using it for a long time now is not even turning on.

Is Gopro going to replace this defective product?? I have seen that it is not listed anymore!

Highlighted
Nomad

They will only replace it with a smart remote- not voice

Highlighted
Tourist

Count me in also. Mine just arrived today and I have tried charging it with Apple iPad, iPhone charger and my Macbook Pro USB-C charger and nothing happens. I can see a red light for a brief moment and then nothing. What a weak product GoPro has made! They should be ashamed for not having better quality check on their products with such a high price tag....this is not helping with their customer sactifaction!

Highlighted
Tourist

After doing a search for this problem I realize that this is not just a few Remo's which has this problem but it seems to be a BIG issue for a lot of customers. GoPro needs to address this an a.s.a.p. but I guess they are in deeper trouble and doesn't care about this issue! Had I known this before I bought this product I would probably not have ordered it!

https://www.google.com/search?q=gopro+remo+charge+site:community.gopro.com&client=safari&rls=en&sa=X...

Highlighted
Tourist

After doing a search for this problem I realize that this is not just a few Remo's which has this problem but it seems to be a BIG issue for a lot of customers. GoPro needs to address this an a.s.a.p. but I guess they are in deeper trouble and doesn't care about this issue! Had I known this before I bought this product I would probably not have ordered it!

Highlighted
Nomad

Yes, its a dreadful situation.

You would have thought that they would have recalled all stock to fix the problem.

All that is happening now is customers are buy remo's and all complaining about gopro.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @fastbluff05255

Apologies for the trouble. Have you been able to contact Support team regarding your REMO issue? If you have not yet, you can connect with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance. 

Best regards, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

I really think the Smart thing for Gopro to do would be to own up to the mistake with the Remote and work quickly to get Customer issues and complaints handled more efficently.  Might also be wise to let new customers know before they make the mistake of buying one of these. Would also be nice if they say what they plan on doing to either fix the issue or drop the product.I had to jump through several hoops to get mine replace with a Smart remote. Enough Said.

Michael.