Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

Highlighted
Tourist

I wondered that myself when I could
Highlighted
Tourist

I did wonder that myself, but the one I have appears to be the latest.
Highlighted
Tourist

Well after all that, I followed up on my support case as it's 2 weeks since they received my Remo. 

The GoPro support person was adamant that the Remo has not been discontinued and that I would be receiving a Remo replacement, they just couldnt say when.

So to be fair to GoPro, perhaps when they suggested to the earlier poster that they might like a Smart Remote, they were just exploring  more expedient options for resolution. Although that wouldnt explain the suggestion it has been discontinued.

Oh well, I'll sit it out.

Highlighted
Tourist

so i have had two REMO's and returned them both with the same issue. Clearly a sub standard product with poor testing!

I spoke to the GoPro technical team on chat and they also advised it has been DISCONTINUED and advised i bought the smart remote instead. 

Its such a shame as the voice activtion would be really useful whist skiing for example 

Highlighted
Tourist

Here in Kuwait , the manager of the authorized distributor of Gopro products told me that he is sick and tired of the headache he is getting from customers complaints regarding this product. He himself opened 4 units infront of me to see what is all this about , none of the units worked or even accepted charging. He instructed his sellers to stop selling this item & ordered that they all be returned back to Gopro. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I brought my 4th REMO back to supplier for an exchange. I asked he check the replacment out for me before i took it from the shop. Surprise! surprise! it did not work either. In the end just got my money back and now i give up on these remo remotes. 

Highlighted
Tourist

A working Remo arrived in the post today !

How long can I expect this one to stay working is the obvious question, but for now I'm happy.

Just to recap, I tried three Remos from Argos in the UK before turning to GoPro support for a warranty replacement. It's taken about 4 weeks in total, ignoring the week or so I spent messing around with Argos.

Thank you GoPro support.