Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

My brand new Remo has similar problem. Press and hold the power button for three seconds won't turn it on. Hold longer, about 10 second, the blue wireless status light start to flash. I found out that if I give three rapid clicks on the power button, Remo turns on. In either case, press and hold remo for 5 seconds will turn it off. After I charge the Remo for several hours, the battery status light turns amber, not green. So, I have no way of knowing if the Remo is fully charged. 

Can someone from GoPro clarify these changes?

Tourist

I just bought the remo today & was having the same problem. When I tried to charge it, the red light just blinks & nothing happens. I charged it through a wall socket for few hours. Tried to turn it it on but nothing happens. Tried to reset it as well also nothing.

Well I guess I need to bring it back to the shop tomorrow then  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad. Is this remote really defective??

Tourist

Same thing with mine.  It will not charge or power on.  Dead right out of the box.  I bet these things have crap battery management circuits onboard and let the battery die to levels below what can be recharged.  The ones reviewed on youtube held enough charge right out the box to be used and linked to cameras.  Not the case now. 

Sightseer

Just bought one and looks almost the same. Upon connecting to usb flash red or red/green and unable to power on.

Is it just defective? I tried holdon for more then 10 seconds ... nothing.

Is it me, the insructions or defective unit?

Hiker

Judging by this, and all the other threads on here about Remo issues, I'm guessing it should be struck from Christmas list... by the sounds of it I'm better off keeping my othe remote for now. 

Whats GoPro's stance on all these faulty units? Bad batch, or just not up to the job? 

Explorer

Are you using a wall charger or your computer USB?
Explorer

Also, it's easy to see post on this site and get the impression that there are wide spread issues. The few problems reported represent less than a fraction of a percent of all units sold.

Of course, not all people who have an issue come here and post; however, when you take into account the millions of cameras and accessories sold by GoPro, the number of reported problems should be much higher if it was a common issue.
Tourist

So I brought the unit back to the shop & they gave me a new one. It's working now. Let's see how long does it goes 😄😄😄