08-15-2018 11:22 PM
It's unfortunate that the company that sold the REMO batteries to GoPro gave them some obvious duds, and it's certainly frustrating to receive a product that doesn't work. However, when comparing the features and capabilities of the Smart Remote to that of the REMO, REMO is clearly the inferior product.
- Connect to up to 50 cameras simultaneously: Smart Remote - YES REMO - NO
- Range up to 600ft (180m) away: Smart Remote - YES REMO - NO ( Remo has a range of 33ft / 10m )
- Waterproof to 33ft (10m): Smart Remote - YES REMO - NO (REMO is waterproof to 16ft / 5m)
- Change camera settings remotely - Smart Remote - YES REMO - NO
- Connect to all Wi-Fi enabled GoPro cameras with RC function: Smart Remote - YES REMO - NO (limited to Hero5/6)
- Turn camera on/off: Smart Remote - YES REMO - YES
- Wearable/Mountable: Smart Remote - YES REMO - YES
- Voice Commands: Smart Remote - NO REMO - YES
While enhancing voice controls beyond what is capable without a remote is nice, and certainly beneficial in certain situations (sometimes the only solution), overall, the REMO is clearly inferior to the REMO.
08-15-2018 11:33 PM
08-15-2018 11:36 PM
The other thing the smart remote uses poor quality stainless steel.
Used it once in sea for 2 hours and it started to rust.
GP need to sell the remo with descent batteries.
08-15-2018 11:39 PM
Not all REMO seem to be victim to these batteries either. My neighbor has one that he purchased when they first came out. I had forgotten that he had one, but just last week we were surfing and I noticed that he was using his. I asked him if he had any issues and he said no. He also told me that he uses it often for surfing and bike rides.