Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

So, GoPro support agreed to send me a Smart remote, which arrived this morning and seems to be happily charging, therefore, immediately better than the Remo.

But, really strangely, I've just had another delivery from GoPro, this time it's the package I sent back to them with my Remo in, without the Remo! They sent me the accessories that came with the Remo!!! Very nice of them, but there's not much point, is there?

Highlighted
Tourist

Confusing situation in that some folk report receiving a further Remo via Support...that seems to work (not for long I bet).

Others reporting that the Remo is categorically discontinued.

I have an RMA in progress and told them categorically I do not want to waste any further time on the Remo - happy to look at any other option/device.

I received this response directly from a Support agent that has been very patient, polite and helpful

"Thank you for patiently waiting. I was able to process a replacement for you. You will be returning the Remo first to our warehouse in Netherlands and once we receive it, we will replace it with the Smart Remote"

There are mixed messages in the whole flurry of emails

"Please send the Remo to the following address for review, and we will repair or replace it with Smart Remote"

As for folk mentioning ARGOS UK - my experience of them was disappointing to say the least.

I returned the product (Remo) within a day of purchasing it, explaining it didn't work.

They said they could not replace it as they had no stock - and further they could not refund it as despite it being in their catalogue at £80, it was part of a bundle so their book value was Zero. They concluded they would DO NOTHING.

I asked why they would not pursue the issue with GoPro to have the faulty item replaced or repaired.

"Sorry we don't do that Sir". Since Sainsbury took Argos over the place has changed big time. Prior to the take over, you could rely on Argos 100% to resolve any issue in a fair way. Argos have always been expensive vs the market - but in return you got excellent service - looks like "service" element has gone West.

Highlighted
Explorer

I think the repair or replace is just a typo. The rep probably writes this on all standard exchanges. If you were told you are getting a Smart Remote, they will send you a Smart Remote (which by the way is a much better device than the REMO).

On your RMA it will list exactly what you are to return. I believe it also tells you not to include anything else. Be sure to include a copy of the RMA invoice in the return box as well as writing the RMA # clearly on the outside of the box.
Highlighted
Tourist

After 3 non-working "free gift" Remo's from Argos ( see my post on page 5 of this thread ), and being refused any form of refund from my local branch, I wrote to Argos customer services pointing out that consumer rights still apply to free gifts received as part of a purchase. They offered a £40 gift voucher, which I accepted, and used to buy 2 spare batteries for my Hero 5.

Highlighted
Tourist

When I looked in to it, giving something away free pretty much absolves the retailer from any meaningful obligation. They are only obliged to offer a refund or replace, defaulting to the former if they can't replace it.

Because it's free, the refundable value is zero! On that basis, the £40 gift voucher sounds reasonable.
Highlighted
Tourist

There's free and then there's.....free.

When the "free" item is given as part of a bundle on sale it is of course just a marketing/advertising ploy or play on words.

You know you are paying X for a bundle of items Y and Z - so in reality you are paying X for the deal (of 2 or more components).

What I'm trying to illustrate is that the free item is NOT FREE - you only bought that "deal" or "bundle" because as a whole it was an interesting offer - without the "free" component you would have shopped elsewhere.

It's like those shoe shops and similar that have "closing down sales"....umm....that go on year after year....while clearly (after months or a year) you realise the shop is not closing down, they have simply mis-used the English language and for some reason been allowed to get away with it. They lied. Simple.

As for the £40 offer from Argos - you did well ! (relatively speaking)

After weeks of emails to/from Argos my offer was a £20.00 gift card which I did not accept.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Few months ago I purcahsed while passing in the Paris CDG airport the voice remote. It never worked out of the box. This week I have purchased a new voice remote and again out of the box it doesn't work again. It simply doesn't charge. It is a ridiculous situation that gopro continues to sell a defective equipment and I call all the numbers for Brazil support which just doesn't work also. Honestly, I feel like if I have been robbed by Gopro. Once it is ok but twice after a 4 months interval and purchasing in a diffrent country is patetic to see gopro is selling something that is not working. Fernando

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm having the same issue here!!!

Purchased a new Remo yesterday that simply would not charge once unboxed. Just a blink of a red light for a second when plugged into charger! Left it to charge for a few hours....still nothing!  I followed the procedures as outlined in the instructions and still nothing!

I exchanged the remo today at the place of purchase and this one is doing the exact same thing....extremely frustrating!!!